Error installing component

Sep 7, 2009 at 9:45 AM

Hi,

I find your application very usefull but I can't install it, it give me a problem when gacutil try to install ErrorOutputDescription.dll, it say to me "error unknown". Have you any ideas??

Thanks, Francesco

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2009 at 9:37 AM

First, make sure you are an administrator of your computer.

Then, can you check that you are in the directory of ErrorOutputDescription.dll when you call gacutil ?

You can also open C:\WINDOWS\assembly and check that this assembly is already installed or not.

Sep 8, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Hi,

I have checked I'm the administrator of the computer and I cal gacutil from the same directory of ErrorOutputDescription.dll.

I have try to modify your bat and I modify the option of gacutil from i to il and now appear the error "Invalid assembly file name in input file:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.groupwrk\Desktop\ErrorOutputDescription_2008_V2.0.0\Mzé"

I have also checked in windows assembly, but it's not installed. Maybe I have to copy files ina particular directory??

Thanks, Francesco

----Messaggio originale----
Da: notifications@codeplex.com
Data: 08/09/2009 11.37
A: <francesco.vanin@libero.it>
Ogg: Re: Error installing component [eod:68148]

-->

First, make sure you are an administrator of your computer.

Then, can you check that you are in the directory of ErrorOutputDescription.dll when you call gacutil ?

You can also open C:\WINDOWS\assembly and check that this assembly is already installed or not.

Coordinator
Sep 10, 2009 at 5:43 PM

You should try to download Source Code and rebuild the dll on your computer. This program has been build with Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition.