Binary Installation Problem

Mar 26, 2009 at 10:05 PM
Hi Remi!

I'm really looking forward to trying this component out.  I've always intended to construct one - but time constraints haven't outweighed the pain.

I installed the component successfully - although I did have to edit your installation batch file (my GACUtil was not where yours was, and I don't have "sleep" on my machine).  However, after I added the transform to the toolbox, I received an error when I tried to create an instance in my data flow.  The error states that it "Could not load type: Pestre.SqlServer.SSIS.DataFlowComponent.ErrorOutputDescriptionUI,Pestre.SqlServer.SSIS.DataFlowComponent.ErrorOutputDescription,Version=1.0.0.0,Culture=neutral. Verify the component editor is installed properly."

Your component registered successfully in the GAC, and also exists in the PipelineComponents folder where it ought to.  I examined the source code, and the only significant thing I say that may have an impact here is the UITypeName.  I know that in my component, I also state the PublicKeyToken in the "UITypeName" - maybe it needs that additional information to locate the type?

I will be attempting to build from source code to check this out.
Coordinator
Apr 21, 2009 at 9:41 AM
Thank you mery much.
I need to make a better Installation Program, but as you said, I requires time.

Did you get any result after building the source ?