What version of NET Framework required to install?

Jul 27, 2010 at 4:45 AM

Hi,

when  I try to install (as admin), I get

C:\Temp\ErrorOutputDescription_2005_V1.0.0>"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\gacutil.exe" /i ErrorOutputDescription.dll

Microsoft (R) .NET Global Assembly Cache Utility.  Version 1.1.4322.573
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1998-2002. All rights reserved.

Failure adding assembly to the cache: Unknown Error

I'm using SSIS 2005 and .NET Frameowkr version 1 is installed.

Do you have any idea on what might cause the unknown error?

What version of .NET Framework is required to install? From your path its looks like you were using version 3.

Is that required? Have you or anyone else installed using .NET version 1?

William

Jul 27, 2010 at 6:25 AM

I also don't have MS C# installed, only Visual Studio which is tuned for SQLServer and SSIS.

I tried to build the source, but I suspect I don't have the capability in my environment.

But I don't normally play in the MS world and so am not familiar with the toolset. How would I go about building the component using MS Visual Studio? Is it possible?

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2010 at 7:32 AM

Visual Studio installed by SQL Server is not enough to compile C# project. You should download Visual C# Express (it's free).

For the version of the Framework, I'm sorry I can not help you. I always keep my computer updated. :-)

Jul 28, 2010 at 2:55 AM

Thanks, I'm trying to build using Visual C# Express now. But I'm running into the following problem:

It seems to be failing to find libraries in the Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts namepsace. ie all line like:

using Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline;

fail with:

Error	1	The type or namespace name 'Dts' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.SqlServer' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	
C:\Source\ErrorDescription2005\VirtualInputColumn90.cs 7 27 ErrorDescription2005

Where would I find the missing resources?

And how do I link/add it into the project using MS Visual C#?